Next my series “What to Cook with my CSA” is a delicious chocolate chip zucchini bread made in a skillet. It’s the perfect way to use up vegetables in your fridge and makes a perfect dessert, snack or breakfast. Try spreading a slice with peanut butter while it’s still warm out of the oven. The recipe can be made in two mixing bowls and the bread stays extra moist from the zucchini and addition of protein packed Greek yogurt. Baking it in a skillet means that no one has to complain about getting an end piece!
Skillet Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup zucchini, shredded (about 1 medium zucchini)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Sprinkle of course sea salt
- 1.Preheat oven to 300 degrees placing rack in the center of the oven, butter skillet and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, oil, both sugars, Greek yogurt and vanilla until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix together gently, careful not to over mix. Fold in the zucchini and chocolate chips with a spatula.
- Pour mixture into the pan, sprinkle sea salt over top and bake for 50 mins or until wooden stick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan on a wire rack, if you can wait that long. Slice and serve right out of the pan.